Sunday, December 12, 2010

Village of Stebbins





I AM SURE EVERYONE THINKS IRAN AND I HAVE BEEN EATEN BY BEARS.....SO VERY SORRY I HAVE NOT POSTED ANYTHING IN MONTHS! I AM BACK IN BUSINESS! OH MY..THESE PICS ARE BACK IN OCT FROM MY VILLAGE TRIP TO STEBBINS, BUT I AM GOING TO POST THEM ANYWAY.
This is me and my wonderful co-worker Bobbi Jo who joined us at public health a little while back and we did a village trip together for training.
While we were in Stebbins at night just before the sun went down after our work was done we picked low bush cranberries on my hands and knees, also went out in the morning before our plane came, my knees were bright red and had berry stains all over my jeans, went I went to get on the plane, proudly holding, hand carrying my berries, the pilot said "what happened to the other guy"........my friend gave me a recipe book for Alaska and I wanted to make a spice bread with the cranberries. It was so funny...as I was reading this cookbook made by ladies in Alaska (the cookbook is specific to AK, has walrus, seal, beaver recipes) it would refer to things like "you can use blueberries from the lower 48 if you do not have any of your own". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment