Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bethel

The State of Alaska sent out a message that they needed state Nurse volunteers to go to Bethel, Alaska...the Yukon Kuskokwim region...a region South of Nome to be "fill ins" for a very under staffed clinic that is dealing with Tuberculosis. They especially wanted nurses whom knew something about TB. Well, Nome and Bethel have the highest TB rates in the state....so I am definitely "qualified" dealing with so much TB here. I asked Iran about it...he said go for it. So here I am in Bethel for a two week stay helping with their clinic. I was sooooooo dreading going as for this is Nome's most beautiful time of year and the nice weather only lasts for such a short time....but I am hoping I will learn a great deal and be able to serve our Nome region population better because of it......hope so anyway. Hoping I will be able to post pictures on here and send them on my laptop....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment