Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The ol' walk home...so pretty

David had asked how far the walk home is from work. Well...on the road it is around 3 miles...but we take the "boardwalk"... it's maybe 1.5 miles. I don't have to walk home but I choose to. We don't walk to work...Iran takes us (me and my coworker/friend Jackie) because it is pitch black out in the mornings. Iran takes us before he goes to work. People here complain about how dark it is....but in Nome there is 1.5 to 2 hrs of more darkness in the day due to being so much farther North than here....so we don't think it's bad at all. At 430pm when I get off...as you can see...we have just enough light to walk home. And the sun rises at 1030am...so that's not too bad at all. Speaking of Nome...Iran is going caribou hunting with his buddies in February (he got it preauthorized before he started work)....so I asked my managers if I could work up in Nome for two weeks....and to my JOY it got authorized. I CAN'T WAIT!! I MISS EVERYONE UP THERE SOOOOOO MUCH!! So for two weeks I will work up at the public health center in Nome last week in February...first week in March. Yay!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment