Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Seed planting workshop

Iran and I went to seed planting workshop as for we hope to have a "row" in the Bethel Community Garden this summer. Bethel is SUCH a rough place to live but I must say there are some wonderful people here. People that truly want to help you succeed. They held a 2.5 hour "seed planting workshop" at the Fairbanks satellite college here..the cost was $5 per person. It was so neat...learned so much about arctic gardening..what can and can not grow here. They provided the tools, dirt and seeds for us. So Iran and are starting cabbage, broccoli and kale. We are really excited. We will actually put the plants in the ground June 1st is what they tell us. :) Of course I did not bust out the camera at the actual workshop :( but here is a pic of our "planter" sitting in my work window.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I have followed your blog since I first contacted you a couple of years ago. I just noticed this morning that you show your Facebook status, so went to your FB page to find that you have no follow button. Had to try. :-) Enjoy your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete