Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sock Monkey's!!!

Many people know my dear friend Monica......and for those of you who don't know...Monica is my dear friend! :) Monica and her daughter Darcy are going on a mission's trip to El Salvador this July and to raise money for this VERY expensive trip to serve others they are making sock monkeys and asking an adoption fee for these precious little monkeys!!! (Or you can help in many other ways too!) Iran and I have adopted Clyde on the far left and Lamb Chop in the middle! We should be receiving them this week...can't wait!!! Please go to their blog spot and check them out.....if nothing else you will so enjoy reading about each of their personalities! sockmonkeyphoto.blogspot.com
I have learned so much about mission trips here.........oh so much. I used to think THEY want ME to pay for MY trip there when I am serving them???? OH how my ideas have changed being here. So many mission teams come through our church, some so humble and some so arrogant. Our very humble pastor and his wife have very little and give so much. All these big groups file in having all these big ideas how to change Nome and all Pastor Bruce needs is help serving....that is where you make the difference most. These mission teams come in with their own agendas and what really needs done (like painting a building that they can not afford) never gets done. And they have come in and eaten so much of their food and then they are left high and dry. So my heart is so different now, if I ever get to go on a missions trip I know now.... the person asking to go needs to provide EVERYTHING...those people never ASKED me to come...I chose to go! If you feel on your heart to give to help missions it will mean so much to those missionaries going.......Monica and Darcy would so appreciate it! And my dear friend Katy is serving daily in the Philippines...we so often forget those serving out there and living day to day in 3rd world conditions that we so easy forget to remember them!!! Learn about what Katy is doing at katyscommotion.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment